Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 151:  A friend of mine named Kyoko gave me a bunch of stuffed animals to recycle.  I had never thought about making anything from stuffed animals until she came up with the idea, so this project exists because of her.  My daughter Mazi loved this idea too and helped to design and name this critter.  This one is made of pieces from a stuffed lion, teddy bear, and a little pink dog.  Mazi decided that all my critters should be called "Boogles."  This boogle is named "Snuffles."  This was definitely one of the most fun projects yet.  I like the idea of making more boogles to give away as birthday presents rather than going out and buying new toys. 

Day 152:  I made some smaller zipper flowers and turned them into rings.  I am crazy about these and want to make a bunch to sell.  I put both of these out in the store and already sold one.  This was very exciting for me!

2 comments:

  1. About 3 weeks ago, I made a zipper spider for my 365 project from an idea I saw in a quilting magazine There was a pattern for making different insects and flowers from zippers. So now I keep my eyes peeled at the Goodwill and yard sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I have looked over every single thriftstore in town (we have such a small selection here), but I'm definitely going to do a little zipper hunting when I go up to Denver in a few weeks. Zipper crafting has turned out to be one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete